Celebrating Partnerships That Help Our Neighbors Grow.
As a community bank, it’s important to us to take care of our neighbors and to make our communities great places to live. We understand the challenges of small-town life and know what a difference generosity can make to our towns — because we live here, too.
Copley Hospital’s Annual Fund
Making a difference in our communities
Union Bank has been a longtime supporter of Copley Hospital, having donated more than $100,000 over the past five years, and $600,000 since 1980. Several of our officers and directors have served on the Copley Board. Recently Union Bank supported the purchase of a new MRI and the construction needed to support this new unit which was commissioned in the spring of 2022.
Underhill/Jericho Fire Department
Supporting the citizens of Underhill and Jericho
With the grand opening of our Jericho branch, Union Bank wanted to give back to a community that so warmly welcomed us. We supported the Underhill Jericho Fire Department by donating $3,600 and hope it’s one of many relationships we build in the Underhill and Jericho region.
LACiNg Up for Cancer
Raising Over $175,000 for Cancer Patients in 2022
This annual fundraising event donates 100% of funds raised to help cancer patients struggling with financial burdens brought on by their diagnosis. Union Bank has sponsored the event since 2003 and donated over $40,000. Many of the bank’s employees work hard on their own or as a team to raise sponsorship funds. Union Bank employees proudly raised $8,005.00 in 2022 to assist cancer patients in Lamoille and Caledonia Counties.
Union Bank is always open to requests to sponsor activities, organizations, programs and events that support our community. We accept applications on a rolling basis all year long. Best of all, our charitable gift decisions are made locally, by people rooted in your community. When you’re ready, stop by your local branch to drop off your organization’s request for sponsorship. We can’t honor all requests, so please be sure to review the following eligibility guidelines, which help us focus our community investments where they will do the most good in our local communities.
Some of the organizations and programs we proudly support
- River Arts
- The Current (formerly the Helen Day Art Center)
- Stowe Vibrancy
- Lamoille Family Center
- Lamoille Valley Rail Trail
- Sterling College
- Clarina Howard Nichols Center
- Lamoille Meals on Wheels
- Local Rotaries
- North Country Animal League
- Lamoille County Mental Health
- Relay for Life
- NVU-Lyndon State
- St. Johnsbury Academy
- Kingdom Trails
- Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital
- Local Chambers of Commerce/Rotary
- Hardwick Area Food Pantry
Northern New Hampshire
- The Bridge Project
- Littleton Regional Hospital
- Habitat for Humanity
- Coos County Family Health Services
- Grafton County Senior Citizen’s Counsel
- Franklin County Home Health Agency
- Franklin County Industrial Development Corp.
- Vermont Maple Festival
- Fairfax Community Library
- Age Well
- Northwestern Medical Center
- Barre Housing Services
- Family Center of Washington County
- Barre Heritage Festival
- VT Council on Rural Development
- Central Vermont Council on Aging
- VT Futures Project
- Howard Center
- VT Children’s Trust Foundation
- Lyric Theater
- Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
- Air National Guard