Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Branch Drive-Up Hours as of March 30, 2020
Updated: March 26, 2020
Union Bank is working to meet your banking needs during the Coronavirus health emergency. Designated as a business that provides critical economic security, Union Bank has approval to continue to operate under the Vermont Governor’s Stay Home/Stay Safe executive order. To best protect you, our communities and staff, we will continue with our drive-up-only service, but in-branch lobby access is restricted until the executive order is lifted. Our New Hampshire offices will operate under the same framework.
Based on customer usage this week, we will return to regular drive-up hours starting Monday, March 30.
Please be assured that during this health emergency you will continue to have access to your accounts, Union Bank’s capital reserves are as large as they have ever been in our 129-year history, and we will be here to help get through this challenging time.
Listed below are our current drive-up banking hours.
Branches will be open with new hours through our drive-up windows.
customer care team
We are ready to assist you by phone! Call us M-Th 8am-5pm, F 8am-6pm.
remote banking tools
Do all of your banking online, on your mobile device, or by phone.
|Berlin||8:30-4:30 M-F | 8:30-5 Th-F||802.476.0061|
|Fairfax||8-4 M-Th | 8-6-F||802.849.2600|
|Hardwick||8-4 M-W | 8-5-Th | 8-5:30-F||802.472.8100|
|Jeffersonville||8-4 M-W | 8-5- Th-F||802.644.6600|
|Johnson||8-4 M-W | 8-6- F||802.635.6600|
|Lyndonville||8-5 M-Th | 8:00-6-F |8:30-12 Sat.||802.626.3100|
|Morrisville Main||8-4 M-Th | 8-6 F||802.888.6600|
|Morrisville Plaza||8-4 M-Th | 8-6-F | 8:30-12 Sat.||802.888.6860|
|St. Albans||8:30-5 M-F | 9-12 Sat.||802.524.9000|
|St. Johnsbury (Portland Street)||8-5 M-Th | 8-6-F | 8:30 -12 Sat.||802.748.3121|
|St. Johnsbury (Railroad Street)||Closed temporarily||802.748.3131|
|Stowe||8-4 M-TH | 8-6-F | 8:30-12 Sat.||802.253.6600|
|Williston||8-5 M-F | 9-12 Sat.||802.878.7900|
|Groveton||8:30-4 M-Th | 8:30-5-F | 8:30-12 Sat.||602.636.1611|
|Lincoln||No drive-up. Closed temporarily||602.745.4000|
|Littleton- Dells Road||8:30-5 M-F | 8:30-12 Sat.||603.444.7136|
|Littleton ( Main)||No drive-up. Closed temporarily||603.444.5321|
|North Woodstock||8:30-5 M-F | 8:30-12 Sat.||602.745.2488|
What if I need to access my Safe Deposit Box, open a new account, or want to discuss a new loan?
Safe Deposit Box Access:
If you need to access your safe deposit box, please contact your branch at the phone number listed above to schedule an appointment.
New Deposit Account:
We will continue to open new accounts. Call to schedule an appointment to come in to open an account, or consider additional options, that we will discuss with you when you call, that may save you a trip to the branch and help address the social-distancing directive of the government and CDC.
New or in-Process Loan
Contact your local loan officer, your local branch at the phone number listed above or call 800.753.4343. Commercial customers, please contact your lender. If you are unsure of the correct contact number, go to ublocal.com for a listing of our commercial lenders.
Call us and ask. We will work with you on the best way to meet your needs.
Union Bank is monitoring the impact of the coronavirus and the disease which it causes, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (abbreviated COVID-19). The coronavirus is a respiratory illness that was initially identified in Wuhan, China, and has now been detected in countries around the world. Union Bank is well prepared and we will continue to keep you informed on our website (ublocal.com) and Facebook page as things change.
Tools for Banking Remotely:
- Inquire on account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Transfer funds to others using our Pay Others (P2P) services
- Transfer Funds to/from your accounts at other institutions
- Deposit checks using the Mobile Deposit function on our app
- Bill Pay
If you are an existing Online or Mobile Banking customer and you wish to try some of the additional functionality available to you, log in and explore. If you have questions, please contact our Customer Care Team at 800.753.4343 and we will be happy to help.
For added convenience, this simple and secure service allows you to deposit checks into your account without coming to the bank.
If you are not quite ready to try online banking, consider using our Telebanking system. You can find account balances and transfer funds between your Union Bank accounts with Telebanking. With your account number and social security number (or tax ID number) handy, call 800.583.2869, and follow the prompts.
To guard against fraud, sign up for and begin using the Card Valet App. The app alerts you to any transactions posting to your debit card, and allows you to turn it on or off, or to designate the areas (geographic or industry category) where your debit card may be used.
Consider using any of our ATMs, or any of the 55,000 no-fee Allpoint ATMs to access cash using your Union Bank ATM or Debit Card. In addition to mobile check deposit and drive-through banking, you can also deposit checks or cash at our conveniently located ATMs* located at our branches.
* Union Bank ATMs located separately from our branches may not accept deposits.
Staying Safe and Paying Attention
Coronavirus -themed scams are on the rise. Cybercriminals are exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic to carry out more fraud scams towards individuals and businesses.
Always remember — Union Bank will never request sensitive financial or personal information via email, text message or telephone call. The following links offer information to help customers spot tactics being used by fraudsters trying to obtain your financial information and steal your money.
COVID-19 Scam Roundup
Coronavirus: Scammers follow the headlines- Federal Trade Commission
FTC: Coronavirus Scams, Part 2
Coronavirus scams to watch out for- American Bankers Association
Remains the health and safety of our customers and employees, while continuing to meet your financial needs. Here are some things that you can do to prepare in the event of a worsening of the coronavirus or, to more generally, prepare for emergency situations and reduce your need to visit a Union Bank branch:
- Utilize direct deposit for your payroll, tax refund, dividends, social security or retirement receipt. It is the quickest and safest way to get the money into your account
- Stay connected with Online Banking. We encourage you to test your ability to connect (confirm that you have a user name and password and can log on).
- Download and sign-in to the Union Bank mobile app and use our mobile check deposit function to remotely deposit a check with your smart phone or tablet.
- Download and use the specialty service, CardValet, to restrict and monitor how your debit card is used.
- Use our bill pay service to pay your bills from home and avoid using the postal system.
- Use our Apple Pay mobile payment option.
- We also offer telephone banking (800.583.2869), as well as cash access at dozens of Union Bank ATM’s along with fee-free access at Community National Bank ATM’s and 55,000 ATM’s in the Allpoint network.
- Maintain some manner of emergency savings fund, adequate insurance and, to supplement your debit card, a supply of checks and cash
- Avoid scams – fraudsters are creative and will look for ways to take advantage of the fear created by this virus outbreak. Do not let fear cloud your judgment when accessing links from emails and online posts. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has published information to help you protect yourself from scammers.
- Stay up to date with trustworthy information –The Centers for Disease Control posts the most up to date and reliable information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.htmlIf you have questions, including how to best minimize the disruption to your banking needs, please call us at 800.753.4343 or 802.888.6600 or message us through online banking or the contact us page on our website.
If you’re feeling under the weather, we encourage you to use the above electronic options to do your banking, but if you need to do your banking in person, we ask that you please use the Night Drop Box or Drive-Up Window at one of our branch locations.