Real Estate Loans
Real estate is a local business. So when you’re looking for a commercial land loan or other type of commercial real estate loan in VT or NH, you want to work with a local bank who knows the market.
Union Bank understands the subtleties of the local real estate market in the communities we serve. We can help you finance the purchase of land or a building for a new business. And when it comes to refinancing your existing commercial real estate loan, we’ll make sure you get the most accurate assessment of your property’s current value.
Union Bank has a long history of being innovative in helping you secure the capital you need. We work with you and for you to design a loan that serves the needs of your business and makes sense for your budget and financial goals. That’s why so many real estate investors and developers in northern Vermont and northern New Hampshire prefer to stay local to go far.
Commercial Land Loans
It can be complicated to obtain financing for a land purchase. A local bank is a great option for commercial land loans because local banks are familiar with land values in the communities they serve. Unlike national banks, Union Bank has the local expertise needed to secure loans for improved or unimproved land.
Improved land means there is already some or all of the following on the property: sewers, utilities, or other buildings. Unimproved or “raw” land has no existing infrastructure. In both cases, it’s helpful to have a plan for improvement or construction after the purchase. Sometimes a land loan can be combined with a new construction loan to ease the process of building a new business structure.
Commercial Construction Loans
You’ve got plans to build or expand your business in northern Vermont or northern New Hampshire. Now you need funding to make it happen. Union Bank’s commercial construction loans are designed to get you there.
- Pay interest only during the construction period.
- Various term options to fit your project timeline
- Competitive rates
- Commercial construction loans can sometimes be refinanced into a mortgage once the building is complete and can be used as collateral.
Refinance Commercial Real Estate Loans
Are you stuck with an above market interest rate higher than the current average? Do you need to cash out equity to improve or expand your business? We’ll help you get the best deal on refinancing your current commercial real estate loan. Then you can:
- Pay off an existing mortgage on your commercial property for a new loan with a lower rate and/or a longer repayment period.
- Lower your monthly debt payment so you can invest more money back into your business.
- Cash out equity to use toward renovations and other improvements, or to purchase new properties.
Real Estate Development Loans
When you’re ready to move forward with an approved real estate development project, we offer financing for many project types including:
- Construction or expansion of owner-occupied commercial real estate
- Construction of rental properties
- Subdivision infrastructure construction
- Construction of building(s) to be sold (usually requires pre-sales)
Want to learn more? Get in touch with our Commercial Lending Team and we’ll walk you through the best options for your business needs.
Download our printable application. The PDF below contains instructions and “field fillable” boxes you can type directly into. Once completed, simply print out, sign and deliver (or mail) to any of our locations or Commercial Lending Team members.