In today’s business environment, customers expect the convenience and flexibility of payment via credit or debit cards. Whether at a restaurant or clothing store, the ability to accept your customer’s preferred method of payment can make or break a transaction. And customers in a wide range of industries have seen that allowing convenient payment options can increase both your average ticket and total sales.
At Union Bank, we know that when it comes to payment processing services, the options can be confusing. As your local partner, we can simplify the process and quickly set you up to accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover and Diners Club. By connecting your business to the major credit and debit card networks, you can offer greater choice and flexibility to your customers. We also make it easy. When you choose a local partner for merchant services, you get the benefit of a streamlined application process, in-person set-up, and access to 24-hour technical support. Our commercial banking team has the local expertise and experience you need for 21st century business success.
You can also visit any of our 17 branch locations across northern Vermont and New Hampshire, where there is always a friendly Union Bank team made up of people who live and work in your community. Unlike some of the bigger merchant services providers, we don’t disappear after you sign up. We are available and accountable to you whenever you have a question or require assistance.
Union Bank’s Merchant Services are priced on an individual basis with highly competitive rates, no hidden fees and no cancelation penalties. We understand the needs of small and local businesses and do our best to offer packages that fit a range of budgets and goals. Choose from a variety of state-of-the-art equipment options to buy or rent, depending on your business situation and transaction volume. We also offer equipment that is compatible with the new EMV security chip requirement. Take the headache out of doing it yourself and partner with Union Bank for local support and the latest technology.
- Guaranteed settlement of funds on the next business day with a Union Bank deposit account
- In-person expertise to help you fight and process chargebacks
- Around the clock technical support, every day of the year
- Touch-tone phone processing for lower-volume merchants
- Fast equipment replacement (in most cases same day) and free paper supplies
- Timely terminal updates so you qualify for the lowest rates and meet Card Association mandates
- Online access to detailed account information through a secure web portal
- Check verification/guarantee service
- Breach insurance for fraud protection
- Gift and customer loyalty-cards options
- Service fees applied monthly after you receive your statement
Applications for merchant services are generally processed in 2-4 days. To start your application process we require:
- A completed merchant services application
- Your recent card processing statements (3-6 months)
- Proof of business, such as your state trade name registration and/or corporate resolution statements
- Financial statements may be requested (in some instances)
Take the next step to grow your business by accepting credit and debit cards for payment. To learn more about the benefits of merchant accounts and payment processing, or to begin the application process, contact our commercial banking team today.