This guide explains the hardware and software requirements needed to ensure an easy transition to our digital banking system.
This document contains numerous tables that outline recommended and minimally supported hardware, software, and other features for Online and Mobile Apps.
The following table provides a key to the symbols used in this document:
|Recommended||Provides the ideal experience|
|Minimally supported||May create a slightly different appearance or behavior|
|Unsupported||Does not guarantee compatibility|
The computer you use must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Standard PC or Mac with at least a 1-GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- Available browser updates applied for improved security that provide anti-virus and spyware
- Microsoft Windows Versions 7, 8 or 10, Microsoft® Windows® Vista Service Pack (SP) 2 and 3, or Mac OS X.
Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and XP-compatible Internet Explorer (IE) in April 2014, including security updates. XP users who do not upgrade their operating systems should replace IE with Google Chrome TM for an up-to-date, secure Internet browser.
- Broadband internet connection such as Cable Modem, DSL, or ISDN.
Note: Satellite connections often have difficulty supporting encrypted, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) applications. Since Union Bank online is HTTPS-encrypted for the safety of your financial information, some satellite cable connections may exhibit slow responses.
Desktop and laptop displays can be any height but must support at least a 1300-pixel width. Otherwise, you will need to scroll horizontally to see the entire Union Bank online user interface.
PDF reader requirements
Union Bank recommends the most recent version of Adobe® Reader® available for desktop and mobile devices.
Fingerprint Login/Touch Authentication requirements
Fingerprint Login and Touch ID are features available on select Apple and Android devices that use fingerprint recognition technology. This technology allows users to login to their devices using their fingerprint or Touch ID instead of their username and password. Users may turn this feature on or off within the UB2GO mobile app under Settings > Security Preferences
Recommended Operating System and Hardware Requirements:
- iOS 9 or higher
- iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus or newer
- Latest generation iPad with Touch ID sensor
- End user registration with Touch ID at the device level
- Android OS v6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher
- Recent smartphone that supports fingerprint login
As standards change and new browser versions are released, we encourage customers to configure browsers for automatic updates. Use the most recent versions available for the browsers listed in the following table for the most secure experience in Union Bank online.
Note: Any browsers not listed in the following tables should be considered unsupported by Union Bank.
Note: For the most secure and consistent experience on mobile devices and tablets, use Union Bank Mobile Apps instead of mobile browsers. Please see the Union Bank Mobile App requirements section.
Some minimally supported browsers, as listed below, may show minor behavioral or cosmetic differences for Union Bank online, but will generally support that application’s features and functionality.
PC browser requirements
|Browser||Windows 10||Windows 7 and 8.1||Windows Vista SP2 and 3|
|Google Chrome 37 and later|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.X|
|Mozilla® Firefox® 33 and later|
Note the following details about the PC browser support table:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP 1 is required for Internet Explorer 11 support.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 is required for Internet Explorer 11.
- Union Bank online is not compatible with Safari® on Microsoft Windows, as Apple discontinued development of security patches for Microsoft Windows. However, Union Bank online is compatible with Safari on Mac OS X 10.8, as shown in the next table.
Mac browser requirements
|Browser||Mac OS X 10.6–10.11|
|Google Chrome 37 and later|
|Mozilla Firefox 33 and later|
Union Bank Mobile App requirements
This section describes the operating systems, connection types, and camera resolutions that are compatible with the Union Bank Mobile Apps that end users can download from the Apple Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android™ devices).
Note the following details about Union Bank Mobile Apps:
- A valid email address and telephone number are required.
- Union Bank Mobile Apps function best when the GPS or native mapping app (also called Location Services) is enabled. (e.g. for branch and ATM locator).
When requesting customer support for Union Bank Mobile Apps, please identify the model and operating system of the device and, if applicable, confirm that the camera is rear-facing.
|Android 4.2.X and later|
Apple iOS requirements
Note: Customers on unsupported OS versions will still be able to access online banking via the mobile browser. Mobile browser access is minimally supported and does not offer native app features, such as mobile remote deposit capture and fingerprint login.
The following mobile operating systems are not compatible with Union Bank Mobile Apps:
- Windows Phone®
- Kindle Fire™
Mobile connectivity requirements
A mobile device with a rear-facing camera is required to deposit checks with the mobile remote deposit capture (mRDC) functionality in Union Bank Mobile Apps. The following table provides camera resolution compatibility for Union Bank Mobile Apps.
mRDC camera requirements
|5 megapixels or higher|
|1.9 – 4.9 megapixels|
Third-party account management software
Note the following details about third-party account management software compatibility with our system:
- Microsoft Money: We are aware that some customers can export Account History successfully from Union Bank online to the most recent versions of Microsoft Money. However, Microsoft itself no longer supports this product; therefore, Union Bank cannot guarantee the reliability of exports. The use of Microsoft Money with Union Bank online data is solely at the user’s discretion.
- Intuit® Quicken® and Quickbooks®: Refer to Quicken’s Discontinuation Policy for details about discontinued Quicken services and application versions.