Digital Banking Requirements
This following information describes the hardware and software requirements and browser support required when using Union Bank’s digital banking platform. There are numerous tables that outline recommended and minimally supported hardware, software, and other features when using Online and Mobile Apps.
The following table provides a key to the symbols used in this document and compatibility levels.
|Recommended||Provides the ideal experience|
|Supported||Supports the general functionality of digital banking. Products may have behavioral or cosmetic differences|
|Limited Support||Supports the general functionality of digital banking. Products may have behavioral or cosmetic differences or may not work. Union Bank recommends using a fully supported device/browser.|
|Unsupported||Not tested with digital banking. Results may be inconsistent.|
The computer you use must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.10
- Available browser updates applied for improved security that provide anti-virus and spyware
- An internet connection with a minimum of 1 Mbps download speed, such as Cable Modem, DSL, or WiFi
Note: Satellite connections often have difficulty supporting encrypted, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) applications. Since Union Bank online is HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)-encrypted for the safety of your financial information, some satellite cable connections may exhibit slow responses. Additionally, some satellite-based Internet Service Providers (ISP) have connection problems with our online banking secure servers. If you experience problems logging in, please contact your service provider’s technical support team for guidance.
PDF reader requirements
Union Bank recommends the most recent version of Adobe® Reader® available for desktop and mobile devices. If you choose to use a third-party PDF application, we cannot guarantee documents will appear as intended.
Digital banking users can use Fingerprint Login, Touch ID, or Face ID to log in to the Union Bank mobile banking app when using a device that supports these technologies.
The Fingerprint Login feature is based on the fingerprint API (Application Programming Interface) introduced with Android M (Marshmallow). Some Samsung and Nexus phones do not support Android’s API, even though they include the hardware on the phone. These devices are not supported by Union Bank’s Fingerprint Login feature.
Recommended Operating System and Hardware Requirements:
- iOS 9 or higher
- iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus or newer
- Latest generation iPad with Touch ID sensor
- End user registration with Touch ID at the device level
- Android OS v6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher
- Recent smartphone that supports fingerprint login
Browser support is subject to change without notice, so we encourage customers to configure browsers for automatic updates. Use the most recent versions available for the browsers listed in the following table for the most secure experience when using Union Bank’s online banking system.
Note: For the most secure and consistent experience on mobile devices and tablets, Union Bank recommends using the UB2GO mobile app instead of a mobile browser. Please see the Union Bank Mobile App requirements section below.
Note: Any browsers not listed in the following tables should be considered unsupported by Union Bank
Some minimally supported browsers, as listed below, may show minor behavioral or cosmetic differences for Union Bank online, but will generally support that application’s features and functionality.
|Browser||Windows||Mac OS X|
|Google Chrome (Current and previous two versions)|
|Mozilla® Firefox® (Current and previous two versions)|
|Microsoft Edge™ (Current and previous version)|
|Apple Safari (Current and previous two versions)|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.X|
Union Bank UB2GO Mobile App Requirements
This section describes the operating systems, connection types, and camera resolutions that are compatible with the UB2GO Union Bank Mobile Apps that customers can download from the Apple Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android™ devices).
Note the following details about Union Bank Mobile Apps:
- A valid email address and telephone number are required.
- Union Bank Mobile Apps function best when the GPS or native mapping app (also called Location Services) is enabled. (e.g. for branch and ATM locator).
|Android 6 and later|
Apple iOS requirements
Note: Customers on unsupported OS versions will still be able to access online banking through the mobile browser. Mobile browser access is minimally supported and does not offer native app features, such as mobile remote deposit capture (mRDC).
The following mobile operating systems are not compatible with Union Bank Mobile Apps:
- Windows Phone®
- Kindle Fire™
Mobile connectivity requirements
|4G & 5G LTE|
A mobile device with a rear-facing camera is required to deposit checks with the mobile remote deposit capture (mRDC) functionality in Union Bank Mobile Apps. The following table provides camera resolution compatibility for Union Bank Mobile Apps.
mRDC camera requirements
|5 megapixels or higher|
|1.9 – 4.9 megapixels|
Third-party account management software
Note the following details about third-party account management software compatibility with our system:
- Microsoft Money: We are aware that some customers can export Account History successfully from Union Bank online to the most recent versions of Microsoft Money. However, Microsoft itself no longer supports this product; therefore, Union Bank cannot guarantee the reliability of exports. The use of Microsoft Money with Union Bank online data is solely at the user’s discretion.
- Intuit® Quicken® and Quickbooks®: Refer to Quicken’s Discontinuation Policy for details about discontinued Quicken services and application versions.