How do you pay for your daily spending? Many people enjoy the convenience of cashless transactions. When you use a debit card or credit card, you don’t have to worry about carrying enough cash or finding a pen to write a check.
Qualify for Advantage Checking with a combination of personal deposits averaging at least $25,000 during a monthly statement cycle. The primary account holder on the Advantage Checking account must be a primary or joint owner (or trustee) on additional deposit accounts (checking accounts, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, savings and money market accounts) for their balance to meet the deposit balance requirement. Relationships that fall below the average balance during a statement cycle will be assessed a $15 account service fee.
Special Pricing and Services
- Complimentary Alliance or Guardian-style checks, plus duplicate checks
- Preferred rates on Certificates of Deposit, Individual Retirement Accounts and Money Market Accounts
- $100 mortgage document preparation fee discount
- Discounted rate on personal overdraft protection (requires credit approval)
- Tiered-rate interest earned daily
- 50% discount on a basic safe-deposit box with autopay
- Online banking and bill pay, mobile banking and telebanking
- Choice of paper statements or eStatements
- Unlimited check writing and no per-check fees, plus check images
- Scheduled transfers with UB SmartSave, which lets you schedule transfers from your checking account to other accounts at predetermined intervals for no fee.
Mastercard World Debit Card Perks
- Two Automated Teller Machine (ATM) surcharges rebated per month
- Mastercard World debit card
- Valuable Mastercard perks like purchase assurance, extended warranty, price protection and satisfaction guarantee for signature-based debit purchases
- 20% more ScoreCard Rewards points for signature-based debit purchases
- Higher cash withdrawal limit
- All Union Bank Automated Teller Machine (ATM) fees waived
- Unlimited fee-free access to 55,000 Allpoint Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) worldwide
- No foreign transaction fees when traveling internationally
- Complimentary standard debit card replacement
NEW Travel Benefits*
- Travel Assistance
Provides pre-trip destination information, such as immunization and embassy details, if traveling more than 50 miles from home and if trip purchased with an eligible Mastercard. Terms of coverage is limited to $1,500 per any twelve (12) month period.
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Protects cardholders from forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments and deposits if a trip is interrupted or cancelled, if purchased with an eligible Mastercard.
- Collision Damage Waiver
Covers cardholders for damages (physical damage and theft) to a rental vehicle if an eligible Mastercard is used for the rental transaction.
NEW Piece of Mind Benefits
- ID Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Reimbursement for expenses incurred as a result of identity theft.
- Cell Phone Protection Insurance
Reimbursement for the expense incurred for stolen or damaged phones, if recurring phone bill payments are made using your eligible Mastercard.
Free Wi-Fi Access
Offers access to unlimited and secure Wi-Fi at over 1 Million hotspots globally for up to four devices. Premium speeds with 50 Mbps (megabits per second) in select locations, 4 times faster than the global average.
Travel Guide to Benefits
Piece of Mind Guide to Benefits
Benefit Frequently Asked Questions
Mastercard Wi-Fi Access
To File a Claim
Complimentary Value Integrated Package (VIP) Services
- Overdraft protection sweeps
- Money orders
- Treasurer’s checks
- Notary service
Download a one-page overview on Advantage Checking (PDF)
Download Advantage Banking Checking Account Comparison Chart (PDF)
Download Deposit Checking Accounts Comparison Chart (PDF)
* Effective 9/1/18 only with our World Debit Card