How do you pay for your daily spending? Many people enjoy the convenience of cashless transactions. When you use a debit card or credit card, you don’t have to worry about carrying enough cash or finding a pen to write a check.
Mastercard World Debit Card
The Union Bank World Debit Mastercard® is available to all Advantage Checking and Advantage Checking Plus personal banking customers.
Union Bank’s World Debit Mastercard is designed to offer a higher level of convenience, security and control with a suite of premier benefits.
Mastercard World Debit Card Perks
- All Union Bank Automated Teller Machine (ATM) fees waived
- Rebated Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) surcharges- three per month(depending on account type), to be credited early next month
- Unlimited fee-free access to 55,000 Allpoint Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) worldwide
- 20% more ScoreCard Rewards points (signature-based debit purchases)
- Valuable Mastercard perks like purchase assurance, extended warranty and satisfaction guarantee
- Free debit card replacement
- Higher daily limit on Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) cash withdrawals
Features and Benefits*
Zero Liability Protection
You pay only for the purchases you have authorized on your U.S. issued Mastercard debit card and won’t be held liable in the event of an unauthorized purchase. Zero liability applies to purchases made in the store, over the telephone, online, or via a mobile device and ATM transaction.
Mastercard Identity Theft Protection
- Provides access to a number of Identity Theft resolution services in the event you believe you are a victim of identity theft. This product offering monitors your credit file for changes that could indicate fraud, such as new credit inquiries, an address change, or a new account opened in your name
- Sends alert notifications whenever suspicious activity is detected so that you can take immediate action to minimize potential damage. The tool monitors suspicious activity related to the personal information you choose to track, such as your name, address, email address, social security number, date of birth, debit/credit card numbers or other sensitive data.
- Provides ID Theft Resolution, with white-glove service, assigning a resolution specialist to you when you require assistance resolving issues related to identity theft.
Doubles the original manufacturer’s (or U.S. store brand warranty) for a maximum of two years.
Covers most purchases, up to $250, if you become dissatisfied with a new product within 60 days of purchase and the merchant will not accept the item for return. There is a maximum of four(4) claims(s) per person per twelve (12) month period.
Provides coverage for most new items purchased with your eligible Union Bank Mastercard debit card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase, up to $1,000 per claim.
Arranges emergency roadside assistance and provides pre-trip destination information, such as visa/passport requirements, immunization, and help with lost/stolen travel documents and luggage. Also provided are referrals to a network of physicians, arranging hospital transfers, and referrals to attorneys, local embassies and consulates, if you are traveling.
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Protects you from forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments and deposits if a trip is interrupted or cancelled, if purchased with an eligible Mastercard. Coverage is available up to $1500 per incident. Coverage only applies to Common Carrier Airfare.
Collision Damage Waiver
Covers you for damages (physical damage and theft) to a rental vehicle, when you pay for the entire rental transaction with your Union Bank Mastercard debit card and decline the collision damage waiver coverage offered by the car rental company.
World Debit Card Brochure
Guide to Benefits
Peace of Mind Benefits*
ID Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Reimbursement for expenses incurred as a result of identity theft. Up to $1000 per claim.
Cellular Wireless Telephone Protection Insurance
Why pay for cell phone insurance, which can cost over $100 per year, when you can get protection through Mastercard®?
As long as you pay your monthly cellular bill with your Union Bank Mastercard, debit card, you are automatically eligible for coverage up to $600** – at no additional cost. Certain terms and conditions apply.
Free Wi-Fi Access
Stay connected to what matters the most with access to Wi-Fi hotspots around the world with Boingo® Wi-Fi for Union Bank Mastercard debit cardholders:
• Enjoy fast, premium quality Wi-Fi at more than a million hotspots worldwide
• Stay connected on up to four devices including mobile phones, tablets and laptops without incurring roaming fees
• Save time and hassle with the Boingo Wi-Finder® mobile app – it helps you locate nearby hotspots and gets you connected in just a few clicks
• Access 24/7 customer support via email, phone, chat and social media
Visit mastercard.boingo.com to register and activate your complimentary Boingo account today and learn how you can get connected.
Guide to Benefits
Guide to Benefits Cellular Protection
Guide to Benefits -Travel Assistance-Trip Cancellation
Guide to Benefits- Collision Rental
World Debit Card Brochure
Benefit Frequently Asked Questions
Mastercard Wi-Fi Access
To File a Claim
*Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. You may need to register for some of these services. Please see Mastercard Guide to Benefits for details or call 1.800.MASTERCARD. These are summary descriptions only. Contact Union Bank or call Mastercard for complete coverage terms and conditions. Applicable to U.S. cardholders only. Valid for Union Bank Mastercard Debit card.
**Coverage provided under a group insurance policy issued by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG company. Policy provides secondary coverage only. The $600 benefit amount applies to each claim, and is subject to a $50 co-pay per claim. $1,000 maximum claim benefit per 12 months. Limited to 2 claims per 12 month period.