UB 55 Checking
The UB 55 checking account offers customers age 55 and over unlimited check writing and a variable-tiered interest rate on balances above $300. Interest on the 55-plus checking account is compounded and credited monthly. This checking account offers all the convenience you need from your account: no-fee access to the nationwide Allpoint ATM Network, no per-check fees, mobile banking and billpay, and a Union Bank Debit Mastercard. A minimum balance of $25 is required to open an account, but this account carries no monthly service fee and doesn’t require a minimum balance. A monthly inactivity fee of $3 applies if your account is inactive for a period of 120 days or more with an account balance of less than $100.
UB 55 Checking includes:
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking
- Union Bank Debit MasterCard
- Unlimited check writing and no per-check fees
- ScoreCard Rewards program for signature-based debit purchases
- No fee access to the Allpoint ATM network
Make the most of your UB 55 checking account with these options:
- Mobile check deposit (for qualifying customers)
- eStatements rather than paper statements
- Overdraft protection (requires credit approval)
- Scheduled transfers with UB SmartSave, which lets you schedule transfers from your checking account to other accounts at predetermined intervals for no fee.
Upgrade to our VIP program for just $4 per month for additional discounts, free checks and overdraft protection.
Download Deposit Checking Accounts Comparison Chart
A long-established community partner, Union Bank has been serving the people and businesses in our communities since 1891. With branch locations in Berlin, Danville, Fairfax, Hardwick, Jeffersonville, Johnson, Lyndonville, Morrisville, St. Albans, St. Johnsbury, Stowe, Groveton, Lincoln, Littleton, and North Woodstock, Union Bank serves Northern Vermont and New Hampshire. We understand the challenges of small-town life and know what a difference generosity can make to our towns because we live here, too. Our 55 plus checking account is interest-bearing and convenient, just the way it should be.