2018 Calendar Photo Contest
The results are in!
Thank you to all who participated! We received great photos and hope to see many of you return next year. Check back next summer for information about the 2019 Calendar Contest.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Photo Calendar Contest:
Cover: Drew Bressel, Waterville, VT
January: Thomas Galinat, Peacham, VT
February: Kiki Stowe Photography, Stowe, VT
March: Aryk Tomlinson, Johnson, VT
April: Ted Dinkel, East Burke, VT
May: Aryk Tomlinson. Johnson, VT
June: Maxwell Brisben, Stowe, VT
July: Alice Frazer, Monroe, NH
August: Robert Hofmann, Waterbury Center, VT
September: Cathi Feeley, West Burke, VT
October: Heather Lytle, St. Johnsbury, VT
November: Heather Ranney, Concord, VT
December: Aliyah Dubuque, Westford, VT
The 2018 calendars will be available at all Union Bank branch locations in late November 2017.
This year’s contest theme is “Twelve Months of Color”
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Union Bank Photo Calendar Contest. We are looking for striking images that use color for impact and expression. The communities where we live are full of people, objects, landscapes, locations and landmarks that capture the spirit and beauty of northern Vermont and northern New Hampshire. Vivid, bold and powerful, color is all around us throughout the seasons in all of our communities.
We invite all photographers from all levels of expertise to submit their best photos for a chance to win a cash prize and to be showcased in our 2018 calendar!
Contest deadline: Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
Subject and theme of photos: All photographs must represent areas in Northern Vermont and Northern New Hampshire, where Union Bank provides banking services. This year’s theme is about color and how to use it to capture vivid, bold and powerful photos.
Ideas for photos: Historic parts of your town, buildings, outdoor themes (fishing, hiking, skiing), parades, celebrations, landscapes, nature, sports, recreational activities, seasonal or holidays, water, weather, landmarks, gardens, flowers, animals, people. Photos covering all four seasons and the twelve months of the year are highly encouraged.
Note: Photos with family & friends are not necessarily conducive for the calendar contest, however you may submit them as long as you will be able to obtain signed waivers from each person in the photo (providing your photo is chosen), and we may use them for other Union Bank marketing purposes.
1st place winner will be awarded $100 cash prize and the calendar cover
$50 cash prizes will be awarded to each individual selected for one of the monthly calendar spots
Contest Guidelines and Photo Requirements:
Please read the contest guidelines and photo requirements carefully. Sorry, photos not meeting the requirements, will not be accepted.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Photos and entry forms must be received by Wednesday, October 4, 2017 to be eligible for the contest.
- Winners will be announced by Monday, October 16, 2017 and contacted via email or phone.
- 13 Winning photos will be chosen; one for each month of the year and one for the cover of the 2018 Union Bank calendar.
- 12 thumbnail size photos may be chosen as honorable mention, contingent on the quantity and quality of photos submitted.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: $100 for the winner of the cover photo. $50 to each of the 12 monthly winners. Union Bank will award the winning photographers cash prizes. Winners are responsible for the payment of any taxes on the prize.
- The contest is open to the public and employees of Union Bank. Amateur or professional photographers are welcome. Entrants can be of any age; if under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must sign the entry form.
- A maximum of three (3) photos can be submitted per person. Each photo submitted must be under 25MB. If necessary, up to 3 separate submissions by the same individual may be accepted, to accommodate the size limit.
- Anyone submitting a photo to the contest agrees to allow their photo, name, city, and state of residence to be published, if selected, as one of the winners in the 2018 Union Bank Calendar Contest.
- Union Bank retains the right to use the winning photographs in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable, including the 2018 Union Bank Calendar, advertisements, or on its website.
- All photos must be taken by the person submitting and signing the entry form, affirming the photo is wholly original and has not been copied in whole or in part, from any other work, and that no other individual has any ownership claim over the image.
- All photographs must represent the theme of community life in Northern Vermont and Northern New Hampshire, where Union Bank provides banking services. Winning photos will demonstrate a strong focus on community events and people engaged in community life. Possible subjects might include (but are not limited to) parades, fairs, festivals, local sporting events, scenic areas, landmarks, pastimes such as fishing, sailing, hiking, skiing, landscapes, weather, people.
- A panel of judges selected by Union Bank will select the winning photos. Judging of all submitted photography will be “blind”. The name of the photographer will not be disclosed to the judging panel. Entries will be judged based on appeal, content, and photographic skill.
- Digital photography only, no prints will be accepted.
- Images should be in a horizontal format at a minimum of 10″ × 8″ at 300 PPI, or 3000 × 2400 pixels.
- Photographs with slightly lower resolutions will be reviewed and considered, but may be rejected.
- Digital images should be in TIFF or JPEG format, and may not exceed the size limit of 25 MB.
- Union Bank reserves the right to color correct and/or crop photo entries if necessary.
How to Submit Photos:
Entries may be submitted online or mailed to Union Bank. Please submit a completed and signed entry form with your photos. Only one entry form for up to 3 photo(s) is required. You may submit up to 3 separate entry forms if needed, to accommodate the individual photo size limit of 25MB.
Apply Via Mail
Download our printable entry form. The form contains “field fillable” boxes you can type directly into. Once completed, simply print out, sign and deliver or mail the form along with a CD or thumb drive containing up to 3 photos, to:
P.O. Box 667
Morrisville, VT 05661