2019 Calendar Photo Contest
This year’s contest theme is “Call of the Wild Meets Domestic Bliss “
Welcome to the 4th Annual Union Bank Photo Calendar Contest. Two ever popular themes for photo contests are Wildlife and Pets. We decided to make this year’s contest a combination of both themes.
Union Bank invites all photographers to submit their most creative, awe-inspiring images of the beautiful and fascinating wildlife that surrounds us in northern Vermont and northern New Hampshire or, if you prefer, send an image that captures a favorite pet’s personality. We will be looking for photos that have artistic appeal, creativity and interesting compositional structure.
We invite all photographers from all levels of expertise to submit their best photos for a chance to win a cash prize and to be showcased in our 2019 calendar!
Contest deadline: Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
Subject and theme of photos: All photographs must represent areas in Northern Vermont and Northern New Hampshire, where Union Bank provides banking services. Photos submitted from locations outside of our geographical footprint will not be accepted. If you need info about our locations, check out our location map.
Ideas for photos: Vivid, bold and powerful photos of Vermont and New Hampshire wildlife in their natural habitat; photos of favorite pets capturing interesting expressions, personality and character.
Note: Photos with family & friends are not necessarily conducive for the calendar contest, however you may submit them as long as you will be able to obtain signed waivers from each person in the photo (providing your photo is chosen), and we may use them for other Union Bank marketing purposes.
1st place winner will be awarded $100 cash prize and the calendar cover
$50 cash prizes will be awarded to each individual selected for one of the monthly calendar spots
Contest Guidelines and Photo Requirements:
Please read the contest guidelines and photo requirements carefully. Sorry, photos not meeting the requirements, will not be accepted.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Photos and entry forms must be received by Wednesday, October 3, 2018 to be eligible for the contest.
- Winners will be announced during the week of October 15, 2018 and contacted via email or phone.
- 13 Winning photos will be chosen; one for each month of the year and one for the cover of the 2019 Union Bank calendar.
- 12 thumbnail size photos may be chosen as honorable mention, contingent on the quantity and quality of photos submitted.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: $100 for the winner of the cover photo. $50 to each of the 12 monthly winners. Union Bank will award the winning photographers cash prizes. Winners are responsible for the payment of any taxes on the prize.
- The contest is open to the public and employees of Union Bank. Amateur or professional photographers are welcome. Entrants can be of any age; if under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must sign the entry form.
- A maximum of three (3) photos can be submitted per person. Each photo submitted must be under 25MB. If necessary, up to 3 separate submissions by the same individual may be accepted, to accommodate the size limit.
- Anyone submitting a photo to the contest agrees to allow their photo, name, city, and state of residence to be published, if selected, as one of the winners in the 2019 Union Bank Calendar Contest.
- Union Bank retains the right to use the winning photographs in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable, including the 2019 Union Bank Calendar, advertisements, or on its website.
- All photos must be taken by the person submitting and signing the entry form, affirming the photo is wholly original and has not been copied in whole or in part, from any other work, and that no other individual has any ownership claim over the image.
- All photographs should represent the theme of “Call of the Wild Meets Domestic Bliss” in a setting that exists in northern Vermont and northern New Hampshire, where Union Bank provides banking services. Winning photos will demonstrate a strong focus on creativity, uniqueness and quality. Please pay close attention to the photo requirements listed below. Possible subjects might include your pet or the wildlife we witness in our forests, mountains, lakes and communities where we live. Note: Photos with family & friends are not necessarily conducive for the calendar contest, however you may submit them as long as you can obtain signed waivers from each person in the photo (providing your photo is chosen).
- A panel of judges selected by Union Bank will select the winning photos. Judging of all submitted photography will be “blind”. The name of the photographer will not be disclosed to the judging panel. Entries will be judged based on appeal, content, and photographic skill.
- Digital photography only, no prints will be accepted.
- Images should be in a horizontal format at a minimum of 10″ × 8″ at 300 PPI, or 3000 × 2400 pixels.
- Photographs with slightly lower resolutions will be reviewed and considered, but may be rejected.
- Digital images should be in TIFF or JPEG format, and may not exceed the size limit of 25 MB.
- Union Bank reserves the right to color correct and/or crop photo entries if necessary.
How to Submit Photos:
Entries may be submitted online or mailed to Union Bank. Please submit a completed and signed entry form with your photos. Only one entry form for up to 3 photo(s) is required. You may submit up to 3 separate entry forms if needed, to accommodate the individual photo size limit of 25MB.
Apply Via Mail
Download our printable entry form. The form contains “field fillable” boxes you can type directly into. Once completed, simply print out, sign and deliver or mail the form along with a CD or thumb drive containing up to 3 photos, to:
P.O. Box 667
Morrisville, VT 05661